Monday, October 18, 2010

SOMETIMES GOOD THINGS DO HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE

Today, when I checked my facebook I got a pleasant surprise; two of my friends back in Malaysia had gotten engaged.  I quickly "liked" the relationship status change and then logged off because I had to get back to work.  As I was on my home later in the evening, my mind 'ran back' to them I almost immediately I felt a little jealous, because I'm waiting patiently for God to send me my life partner,  so I quickly sent up a 'God why are you taking so long prayer'.  That only lasted a minute though cause I couldn't help but feel really happy for these two people.
I suppose I am feeling a bit sentimental but truth is news like this reminds you that there's much to be thankful for.  Aaron Lam once told me that it was important to always be transparent, "your life should be an open book" he said.  I am continually trying to live by his advice.  I was always afraid of hurting people's feelings and Chrystin told me sometimes Nickki you have to be a bit "rougher",  those might not have been her exact words but I knew what she meant.  You can't help but celebrate the joys of friends like these, they don't just want to eat with you (although we do like that), makes jokes or make you feel better.  They actually help you be better, knowingly and unknowingly.

I'm really happy that they found each other,  I think her gentleness compliments his tough exterior, lol, but that's another story.

I thank God that in spite of all the happens sometimes the struggles and trials, He still takes care of His own, He's our father and he definitely knows how to give His children good gifts.

Congrats Aaron & Chrystin

No comments:

Post a Comment